Gooood morning! Simple recipe alert. Strawberries romanoff is a wonderful, easy summer dessert or perhaps a special breakfast if you’re feeling cheeky.
1 c raw cashews, soaked four hours
1 Medjool date, pitted and soaked for 30 minutes
16 oz strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 T Triple Sec or other orange liqueur (like Grand Marnier)
1 T cane sugar
1/3 c fresh orange juice
- Soak cashews and then go find something else to do for three and a half hours.
- Soak date and then go find something else to do for half an hour.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss strawberries with Triple Sec and sugar until well combined. Set aside.
- Rinse soaked cashews in cold water. Combine cashews, OJ, and date to a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Patience Iago, it will get fluffy.
- Spoon strawberries into a glass, top with whipped cream, and serve.
The strawberries will keep for about a day and the whipped cream about three days.
Bummed Out Baker Honest Rating: 8/10
Adapted from Vegan Strawberries Romanoff.
Related on Bummed Out Baker:
Avocado Strawberry Caprese Salad (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
Subscribe at the bottom of Bummed Out Baker to get my mental health musings and recipes emailed to you directly – Follow on Facebook for mental health articles and discussion – Follow on Instagram for behind-the-scenes panic attacks and my begrudging, meat-eating husband captured in the wild.
If you or someone you know needs help right now, call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.