Nothin’ says fall like throwing some corn into a comforting dish.
2 T organic Earth Balance
1 leek, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
1 t sea salt
1/4 t black pepper
1 c arborio rice
1/4 c white wine vinegar
1/4 c water
6 c vegetable stock
2 corn ears, kernels cut off (about 1 1/2 c corn)
1 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c rice milk
- Melt Earth Balance in a high-sided sauté pan over medium-low. Add leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not browned, about six minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, until grains look slightly translucent.
- Pour in vinegar and water and cook, stirring, until it has all been absorbed, about two minutes.
- Add a cup of stock to the rice mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until rice has absorbed all of the stock. Continue cooking, adding one cup of stock at a time when rice mixture looks dry. Stir continuously.
- When half the stock has been added, stir in corn.
- Continue cooking until all stock is mixed in, corn is tender, and rice is creamy, about 40 minutes total.
- Remove risotto from heat and stir in Parmesan and remaining tablespoon of Earth Balance. Cover and let stand for five minutes.
- Uncover risotto, stir in milk, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with shaved Parmesan, if desired.
Adapted from Corn Risotto.