6 oz rice stick noodles
1/4 c maple syrup
1/4 c mirin
3 T ketchup
3 T soy sauce or tamari
1 1/2 T lime juice
1 T sambal oelek or sriracha
~15 oz baked tofu*
1/2 red onion, cut into 1/4″ slices
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 scallions, chopped
1 handful of baby carrots, shredded
1/4 c fresh cilantro, mint, or combo, chopped
1/2 c roasted peanuts, chopped
*Get hard, vacuum sealed tofu in the refrigerated section. Don’t get the crumbly stuff. This should require a knife!
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Whisk syrup, mirin, ketchup, soy sauce, lime juice, and sambal oelek together. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over high. Add tofu and stir-fry for four minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and stir-fry for one minute.
- Add noodles and sauce mixture and stir-fry until even coated.
- Add scallions and carrots and stir-fry until all ingredients are well combined and heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in herbs and peanuts.
Adapted from Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.