You might feel suspicious of this recipe at first, but it’s addicting. It’s been a staple in my diet for nine years and never ceases to satisfy.
1/2 c vegan mayo, like this one
2 t lemon juice
1 T nutritional yeast
1/2 T maple syrup
1/4 t sea salt
1/4 t curry powder
1/4 t black pepper
~10 oz Hilary’s World’s Best Veggie Burger*, cooked and chopped
1/4 c seedless red grapes, halved
1 celery stalk, diced
2 T fresh parsley, chopped
whole wheat bread (optional)
*Please don’t skimp and buy a sketchy veggie burger. It doesn’t have to be Hilary’s (see ingredients via link), but it should have a recognizable ingredient list and ideally be organic.
- Cook the veggie patties according to package instructions, then chop.
- Whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, yeast, syrup, sea salt, curry, and pepper and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the patties, grapes, celery, onion, and parsley.
- Add mayo mixture to patty mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve on toasted bread as a sandwich or over a bed of greens as a salad.
This makes fabulous leftovers because the flavors really meld together in the fridge.
Adapted from Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.