Fresh salad dressing is so simple that once you find a recipe you love, you’ll wonder how you ever bought bottled dressing. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and everyone loves it. Seriously, it’s been nicknamed my crack dressing. Enjoy!
1 T garlic salt
1 T onion powder
2 T dried oregano
1 t black pepper
1/4 t dried thyme
1 t dried basil
1 T dried parsley
1/4 t celery salt
2 T sea salt
1/4 c vinegar*
2/3 c oil*
2 T water
1 garlic clove, minced
*For this rendition I used apple cider vinegar and hazelnut oil because it’s what I had on hand. Vinegar ideas: champagne / red wine / white wine vinegar, white vinegar, balsamic vinegar. Oil ideas: olive, canola, pumpkin. Feel free to be creative with the vinegars and oils you use.
- Mix together garlic salt, onion powder, oregano, black pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Pour vinegar, oil, and water into a jar or dressing shaker.
- Add 2 T of dry mix and the minced garlic to liquid mix. Store remainder of dry mix in an airtight container.
- Seal and shake dressing until well combined.
- Toss desired amount of dressing into salad and keep the remainder in the fridge for up to a week.
- Next time you need salad dressing, simply repeat steps 2-5 until dry mix runs out.
This dressing is fabulous over greens, but it’s also awesome over veggies (raw or cooked) and grains.
Adapted from Italian Dressing Mix.